Saturday, September 25, 2010

A Major Award!

If you've ever seen the movie A Chirstmas Story then you know about getting a 'major award'. Today, I got mine!

That's right. I won something at a race. No, it wasn't a door prize either. I got 3rd place in my age group! Ha! Needless to say, it wasn't a big race but who cares! I saw other people in my group finish after me and yes, there were more than three in the group. It may be the only time in my running career that I get a prize so I may as well live it up. :)

The race was the Live Healthy 5k put on by Dickinson Beautiful. I won a pair or running socks valued at $15. WHOOP! They are fancier than my other socks that's for sure. They are labeled 'R' and 'L' since they're made differently for each foot. Goodness knows I wouldn't pay $15 for a pair of socks either. I might have to now if they are super comfy!

1 comment:

  1. I really wanted to run in this race, but I had the stomach flu earlier in the week and hadn't eaten in awhile. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete