Saturday, October 3, 2009

Can't read my Poker Face

Krissy and I participated in the Pearland Area Runner's Club Poker Run this morning. It was a lot of fun. I got a newletter from them after I signed up for a Halloween 10k they are doing. You didn't have to be a part of the club to run so we decided to give it a try. We met at a local track at 6 a.m. (Boo) and the run began at 6:15. You put in $5 and every two laps you were able to pick a card. After 20 laps, Krissy and I both had trips and a pair. I'll admit, we did trade a card because we each had what the other needed. Krissy's hand was higher than mine but we'd already decided to split the money if either of us won. The hour went by quickly and we had a great time. Some really fast guy named Carlos won with four 9's. He didn't even take the money and let the club keep it. Lame. I wanted to go buy new running attire but it wasn't to be. Oh well. It was a fun run none the less.

Today: 5
YTD: 210

No comments:

Post a Comment