Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Still Here

I fell off of the face of the planet for a whole but now I'm back. That's probably only for the week though, the three weeks before Christmas break are always nuts! Moving on. I'll fill you all in as quickly as I can.

Jamie and Chad bought me a cooking class at Central Market for my birthday. It's not that I can't cook but they have wonderful classes that teach you all kinds of new/different styles of cooking (and baking) than the ones you may use on a regular basis. I'd been to a Mother's Day class with my mom last May and was super excited to go back. Jamie and I picked out "Easy Thai Cooking". We both love Thai and the only thing I've ever made was a generic/semi-bland Pad Thai. Lame. We had tons of fun at the class and made some awesome food. If you like to try it just let me know! Here are a few pictures.


Beef Salad. Amazing!

Coconut milk soup. I could bathe in it.


Banana frying time! I like the focus on Jamie's face.


Us with our teacher. Our faces are red from the free wine. Yum!


Oh and did I also mention that I made a homemade Chocolate Chip Tiramisu Cheesecake for my friend Krissy's birthday? You know you want one. (If you plan on making it I made some alterations that made it a little easier. Shoot me a comment if you want to know them.)


Before the crazy eating week continues (I've already had Olive Garden and cake for Jamie's birthday, and sushi and Melting Pot today) and I go out to eat with Klecka tomorrow and to my parents house for dinner BEFORE Thanksgiving food craziness I wanted to say that I've lost about 7 lbs. :) I think more of it has come through upping my mileage getting ready for the half in January and not through my diet but with the exception of this week I do eat as healthy as I can. Yay me. I wore my skinny jeans and riding boots to the Galleria today and felt pretty dang good about myself. I celebrated my awesomeness by buying more clothes in smaller sizes. And no, I don't have an eating disorder or think that I am fat. I just enjoy being healthy and not having 50% body fat like the people on The Biggest Loser. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment