Saturday, May 9, 2009

Updates!

It's been almost two weeks since I've updated anything. A super quick rundown of my life during that time:
  • Did 10k race and it was TERRIBLY muggy
  • Sucked it up and got a trainer for the next month
  • Got 2 new kiddos in my class which makes for 22 in the morning and 23 in the afternoon
  • Nathan is leaving to go to Australia this week and I might meet him when he finishes up
  • I've eaten terribly and need to get back on track
  • I took Mom to a cooking class at Central Market today and then went shopping for Mother's Day
  • I have a new pet! Well. . . sort of.

I have a new temporary pet. I found a Mourning Dove nest on my porch. I've only been able to see one egg and since then there's been a male or female sitting on the nest. I'm hoping they don't get spooked and leave. I told the kiddos at school and they were super excited. We'd just learned about birds the day before. I'll post any updates!

When I discovered the nest the birds were somewhere else so I carefully snapped a pic.

The picture stinks since I have to take it through the blinds and window.

1 comment:

  1. We totally had a dove build a nest on the top of a ladder on our back porch a couple of years ago. She actually laid two sets of eggs that spring. Very fascinating to watch as the babies grow!

    ReplyDelete