Saturday, September 5, 2009

I feel old

My kiddos this year are making me feel very old. Not my morning class so much, but my afternoon cluster class. I love them because they laugh at my jokes, understand me when I use 'big' words and actually love learning. A blessing! Although I love them dearly, they make me feel old. The first week of school one of them spoke to me in text. Yes. Thank goodness it was something I could understand. (I still write out complete words in texts.) I was telling them about myself and a little girls busts out with, "O-M-G!" I didn't know I was that exciting. Yesterday, in the middle of their math quiz, another little girls looks at me and asks, "Do you have a Facebook?" Me: "Yes I do. Why do you ask?" Her: "I have a Facebook." Me: "How do you have a Facebook?! You're 7!" Her: "I lied about my age." Me: "How old do you have to be?" Her: "I dunno. 18 I think." A boy chimes in, "I have a Facebook too!" Oh good Lord. Really? I am more than three times their age and what kind of parent lets their 7 year old set up a Facebook account?! Is Facebook going to become the new breeding ground for pedophiles? MySpace will no longer be enough. Anyway, I was amused and freaked out at the same time. I told them to not even waste their time looking for me because I would deny their friend request since I am their teacher and not their friend. :) I did look them both up when I got home and they weren't lying about having accounts. Kids these days!

No comments:

Post a Comment