Thursday, April 29, 2010

Movie Night!

So a few of the single girls at school have banded together and started getting together for dinner and a movie once a month. We've rotated between houses and it's been fun! Last night, it was my turn. Two thoughts popped into my head when I realized last week it was my turn to host: 'Holy Crap! I need to deep-clean my apartment ASAP!, and I've never cooked for anyone outside of Nathan, my roomies in college, or my family! What if they think everything is terrible?!' One of the girls is super picky with her food and hates sauce on anything. Well, crap. What am I supposed to do with that?! Hmm. I decided on Greek food. YUM! So the menu was tzatziki with pita for an appetizer, salad, Greek chicken (I just put Greek seasoning on it and baked it- no sauces, remember), couscous with tomatoes, cucumbers, and feta with lemon juice, roasted potatoes, steamed broccoli and roasted asparagus. We also had baklava for desert! SO GOOD! I went to Niko Niko's to pick up salad dressing, the tzatziki and the baklava because there's no way mine could be as good as theirs! I can only do so much. :) We watched Law Abiding Citizen. Crazy movie, good though. I enjoyed the girl time but forgot to take any pictures during our get-together, boo. I did snap a few pictures of the foods that I had prepped before it was time for the real cooking. I thought everything turned out tasty. Success! I'd love to do it again! Anyone want to come over for dinner?



Romaine lettuce, tomato, cucumber, red onion, bell pepper, kalamata olives, peperocini peppers and I added feta at the end. I need to make that salad more often. Delish!


Couscous with cherub tomatoes, cucumbers, feta, and lemon juice. One of my fav things to make and snack on in the summer. So light tasting.

Baklava! Enough said!

No comments:

Post a Comment