Tuesday, January 20, 2009

EP5k




So Sunday I, along with my teacher friend, ran the EP5k. It was held along with the Chevron Marathon and Aramco Half-Marathon. I knew of three people running the half-marathon and was excited for them. I'll fast forward to today when I must have slipped into an alternate universe. As I type I'm watching The Biggest Loser and thinking about how many millions of Americans who cannot even run to the mailbox and back to their house. Today, my small 5k accomplishment was squashed by numerous people. 1) The kids at school, "That's not very far. Mrs. Hill ran 13 miles!" 2) Adults at school, "Oh" and 3) People at the gym, "Ah. I ran the half-marathon." Well, I didn't run the half-marathon. Dena, my cardio camp instructor was very supportive on Monday night and my family is always there to cheer me on. I'm just wondering what world I now live in where a 5k fun run is too easy and I'm not one of the 'cool kids' who ran the half this past Sunday. Strange.


I signed up for the Rodeo Run 5k on Feb. 28th and hope to set a PR. I'm not sure if it will be possible due to the large crowds but I'm going to give it a shot. GET IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment