Monday, February 2, 2009

Feeling bold

So I had an awesome run last Thursday and didn't take the time to share. I ran a 3.2 mile loop in 31:57, so a 10 min/mile pace. I consider myself a slow runner so when I head out for a casual run my mile time is usually more like 10:30. I started out feeling great so I decided to see what I could do and still have a relaxing run. I know, I know, relaxing and run are rarely used in the same sentence but if you run on at least a semi-consistent basis you get it. The weather was amazing and when I finished I honestly felt like I could go around another time with no problems. Too bad it would have gotten dark on me or I might have tried. Lord only know if I would have a made it or if I would have ended up half-way finished and just praying to make it back to the car (parked at school).
Still feeling a bit confident from my run I was being bold and signed up for my first 10k. 6.2 miles still seems a bit scary but I know I can do it. If I can do 4 miles, why can't I do 6? Right? If anyone reading this would like to join me, I'm doing the Bayou City Classic on March 14th. I have six weeks to get ready and make sure I won't crap-out. I want to know that I can do it even if my feet and legs feel heavy and I just don't want to run. On a great day I know I'd be able to push myself that far, it's only the bad days that get me. Let me know if you'd like to join!

Today: 3.2
YTD: 15.5 (Too bad I can't count the 5 mile walk Nathan and I had at Brazos Bend State Park!)

No comments:

Post a Comment