Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Last Tempo Run!

For a while at least! :) Krissy and I knocked it out at a 9:03/mile pace. I feel good about Sunday. There is no way I'm not making it across that line and getting that "Finisher" shirt and medal. Oh, I plan on wearing the shirt to school on Tuesday! I may even have to wear the medal too! Ha! I know everyone from Wilder will do awesome and I'm glad to have a group of ladies at school who understand running and give me other people to share accomplishments and complain to. Only other runners understand the true meaning of 'good days' and 'bad days'. Today was a good day! I hope Sunday is the same. If not, oh well. Life will move on. But I will finish, that's for darn sure! More motivation...
13. RUNNING COMMENTARY "No one can say, 'You must not run faster than this or jump higher than that.' The human spirit is indomitable." --Sir Roger Bannister, the first man to run a sub-four-minute mile
14. THE BOSTON MARATHON is a year away. Think you can get there? (Go to www.baa.org for qualifying times.) YEAH RIGHT!
15. RACE ODD DISTANCES FOR AN INSTANT PR.
16. READ THIS The Loneliness of the Long-Distance Runner, a short story by Alan Sillitoe, tells the tale of a rebellious youth in a reformatory who runs in solitude and makes a stand against a system he doesn't believe in. You'll have new appreciation for the power of solo runs.
YTD: 31.1
Left: 488.9

No comments:

Post a Comment