Saturday, January 2, 2010

More motivation

3. RUNNING COMMENTARY "Running is a big question mark that's there each and every day. It asks you, 'Are you going to be a wimp, or are you going to be strong today?'" --Peter Maher, two-time Olympic marathoner from Canada
4. GO SOFT. It's hard to stay motivated with shinsplints, so get off the pavement for a few days and run on a cross-country course or unpaved bike paths.
5. LOOK TO THE PAST Emil Zatopek, who won four Olympic golds in his career, was a tough-as-nails athlete known for his intense training methods, such as running in work boots. Competing with a gland infection and against his doctor's orders, the Czech won three distance events--including the marathon--at the 1952 Helsinki Olympics. That stuffy nose doesn't seem quite so bad now, does it?


YTD: 4.7

Left: 511.4

I also figured that I would share my New Year's Eve festivities with you...


I think I hate New Year's Eve more than any other holiday. Everywhere in Houston thought they were special and were charging people a fortune to get in. No thank you. I also hate that Nathan was gone... again.

No comments:

Post a Comment